Sunday, February 4, 2007

Eating for a Dollar a Day

Eating for a dollar a day (Day 1)

I ran across a site where a guy went a month only $30 (a dollar a day) for food, and it souded like an interesting idea. After talking to my friend luke, he was into the idea also, so we kinda went together into it. I have a few personal reasons for doing this 'social, economical, and pschological experiment'. I'm curious if I can/will stick with it. I love eating.. and not cheap. I have no need or want to lose weight, although I'm curious to see what my weight will do over the month (I currently as of a few hours ago, weigh 145 pounds. While weighing myself i realized I had gained a bit of weight recently... I told my girlfriend I had :| ). I'm interested to see how people react to the idea, which I already find out people like to give me a hard time about it, saying I won't go through with it, taking a bite out of my sandwhich which is all I will eat until later, etc. It's funny.. It seems to make people uncomortable that i'm not eating quite normally, when usually I eat too much and probably not healthily. A couple of days ago we went shopping (wow..) together for grocery type items. Now this is something I'm not quite sure i've ever done on my own, but when a dollar a day is your buget, one notices a lot. I purchased 1 loaf of bread, 7 roman noodle packets, Hot dogs, and peanut butter. This all together cost $4.75, which I think was pretty good. This morning, I had a peice of bread with peanut butter on it for 'breakfast'. For lunch I also had a sandwhich with peanut butter, and was only a bit hungrier then I normally am by the time i got outta school. I came home, immediately fixing some raman noodles. They were pretty good at the time, I have always liked them though. After a bit I was still hungry, so i fixed a hot dog in the microwave and had a peice of bread around it like a make shift 'bun' (you all know you've done this before when someone takes the last hotdog bun). Right now (almost 11 Pm) I feel a bit hungry.. I can't really eat anything else if what i have bought is to last me roughly 5 days... so i'll hold off. I am really craving milk right now.. it sounds so good. I love milk normally.. I really hope I can find some on sale tomorrow. It's off to bed for me, maybe i'll dream of some good food. Oh.. and I only had one of my hot dogs, and i'm already getting skeptical. Yeah, it filled me up ok.. but it never seemed to quite settle in like it should.

No comments: